|The Pearl-Qatar lights up for Ramadan|
Tasmeem Doha 2017, hosted by VCU Qatar, is a biennial international art and design conference that attracts prominent speakers and artists from all over the world. Tasmeem Doha 2017 addresses contemporary topics on art and design, and brings together international designers, artists, academics, students and industry professionals. Over the years, the ambitious and timely themes of Tasmeem Doha 2017 have gained widespread attention and praise, while fostering partnerships that enhance the educational, creative and cultural vitality of Qatar and beyond.
Tasmeem Doha 2017: Analogue Living in a Digital World aims to dialog with art and design’s leading thinkers, educators and practitioners whose ideas transcend media and speak to our human existence in a technological society. The intent of this conference is to explore the intersection between the analogue and digital within the context of our lived experience, and to examine where the two modes differ, intertwine, and coexist. By looking at past and present art and design methodologies and practices, we endeavor to create a context for examining the relevance of our current attitudes to discover new ways to grow and evolve.
We are experiencing a paradigm shift, as aspects of our lives that were formally analogue become digitized. This radical change impacts how we define ourselves as individuals, and as creative beings. It challenges our institutional foundations, and our roles in society. The gradual evolution of the last several decades is steady and unrelenting, and the ramifications of this transformation have just begun to be revealed and interrogated. Is analogue thinking still relevant in a largely digital world, or are analogue and digital approaches inherently incompatible? Has digital media rendered analogue creative practices and technology obsolete?
Tasmeem Doha 2017 welcomes contributions that address the theme of ‘Analogue Living in a Digital World'.
Topics may include but are not limited to:
- Analogue thinking in the digital age
- Analogue, digital and the creative process
- Interdisciplinary Connections: Bridging Art/Design, Humanities, and the Sciences
- Impact of the Digital World on the Future of Art and Design
- Word/Image, Image/Word
- Educating Designers and Artists for the 21st Century: Emerging Pedagogies in Art/Design/Architecture
- Abstracts of no more than 500 words (two pages) should be submitted along with a 100-word biographical note to email@example.com by the NEW EXTENDED DEADLINE of December 8, 2016.
Title: With your submission, please include the title, author(s) name and author(s) affiliation.
- Introduction/issue, methodology, findings/discussion, and conclusion
- Authors may utilize APA, MLA, Chicago Style
- An appendix of up to 3 pages or images, including tables, charts and/or other appropriate supplemental material may be included. Appendix items must be submitted in pdf format
Tasmeem Doha 2017 Poster Guidelines:
- Poster abstracts of no more than 250 words (one page) should be submitted along with a 100-word biographical note to firstname.lastname@example.org by the NEW EXTENDED DEADLINE of December 8, 2016.
Note: Poster contributors are encouraged to attend the conference. A travel stipend of $500 USD will be awarded.
Dimensions: Each presenter is provided with a 1.5 meter high by 1.5 meter wide poster board
- At the top of the poster please include the title, author(s) name and author(s) affiliation.
- The title should be the same as in the submitted abstract
The text should be brief throughout
The presentation must cover the material as cited in the abstract
The poster should be readable from approximately two meters
Please do not laminate your poster so that it can be recycled
Accepted Papers and Posters will be announced on January 8, 2017.