- Aid coordinator in the installation and de-installation of exhibitions
- Assist with supervision of gallery produced special events such as opening receptions, artist/curator lectures, and performing arts events
- Research artists for upcoming exhibitions
- Ensure that the gallery is open and manned during normal operating hours
- Assist coordinator with marketing/didactic materials including postcard mailing, exhibition catalogues, and e-mail invitations.
- Distribute marketing materials including postcard mailings and press kits
- Aid Coordinator in the solicitation of school and civic groups to attend gallery tours during exhibitions.
- Manage social media accounts - write and edit posts to advertise the gallery’s current and upcoming events/exhibitions
- Conduct research to identify potential funding sources including private donors, corporate sponsors, and grant opportunities.
- Maintain database of potential funding sources
- In collaboration with OCA Director, Development Manager, Finance Manager, and Gallery Coordinator, write and prepare grant applications, sponsorship proposals, and funding requests.
- Assist with special event layouts and logistics
- Assist with supervision of special events to maintain adherence to event guidelines
Candidates should have a background in Art, Art History, or Arts Administration/Management. Interested applicants should email their resume and contact information to CityGallery@charleston-sc.gov.