The application round begins on July 2, 2012, and ends on October 31, 2012. Application forms may only be obtained during this period.
The deadline for applications is October 31, 2012 (postmark).
Application requirements for a residency fellowship:
- You are aged up to 35 years, or you have completed a university or college degree within the last five years.
- You have completed your academic studies.
- Please note that applications from those still enrolled in degree programs during the application round will not be considered. PhD students may submit applications.
- A limited number of fellowships are awarded regardless of the applicants' age. Decisions relating to the above will be made by the responsible juror.
Knowledge of German, English or French is a prerequisite for application.
If you have applied for a fellowship from the Kunststiftung Baden-Württemberg (Baden-Württemberg Art Foundation), whose application procedure runs at the same time, you may not apply for an Akademie Schloss Solitude fellowship.
Former fellows of the Akademie Schloss Solitude cannot apply again.
The Solitude fellowship is a residency fellowship. At least two thirds of the fellowship period must be spent at the Akademie.
- All fellows must have their permanent residence in Stuttgart for the fellowship's duration (obligation to register residence).
- Applicants whose applications are refused during a specific selection procedure may send in applications during two other rounds (maximum).
- Applicants are obliged to register and pay the application fee of € 15 (without return of materials) or € 20 (with return of materials). This fee applies only to applicants from industrialized countries.
- Visual Arts
- Performing Arts
- Video/Film/New Media
- Humanities (incl. Social Science)
- Exact Sciences
- Fellowships are usually awarded for a period between three and twelve months.
- Free accommodation is included, and fellows are awarded € 1,100 monthly.
- Fellows are provided with a furnished living/working studio (including electricity, water and heating).
- Travel expenses for arrival and departure in Stuttgart will be covered on a one-time basis.
- As a rule, the studios are usually only equipped for one person (due to their size).
- Fellows may use the Akademie’s ateliers (wood and metal) under the supervision of the resident managers.
- Rent subsidy in the case of double housekeeping.
- Transport expenses subsidy for the carriage of materials and books to Stuttgart and from Stuttgart to the fellow's home town.
- Project funding and one-off materials subsidy.
- Subsidized health insurance in the case of non-EU fellowship candidates.
The independent jury consists of eleven specialist jurors who are responsible for allocating the fellowships for their respective disciplines. The jurors use the submitted work samples to select fellows on the basis of the former’s qualitative aspects.
There is no legal entitlement to the allocation of a fellowship. The applicant will be informed of the jury’s decision in writing, but no reasons will be given.
The following materials may be submitted:
Architecture, visual arts, performing arts, design:
Extracts from catalogs, publications, project documentations, images (photos, slides, digital image carriers), production sketches, recordings, stage directions, stage designs (no more than 15 images or three publications, please).
Books, publications, manuscripts, possible reviews (no more than three books, please, in German, English or French if possible).
Musical scores, sound carriers, personal publications (no more than three sound carriers and one or two scores, please).
Scripts, images (photos, slides, digital image carriers), video: VHS/DVD (no more than three data carriers, please).
Humanities, exact sciences, economy/economics:
Project documentations, publication lists, manuscripts, publications (no more than three books, please).
Expert assessments or references are not required.
The Akademie assumes no liability for damage to or loss of the application documents and advises applicants against submitting originals or irreplaceable materials.
If you would like to apply now [http://bewerbung.akademie-solitude.de/login.php?language=en] the application form will be sent to you by e-mail after registering and paying the application fee via the SHOP.