Wednesday, December 2, 2015

To ATTEND: "Artists U Intensive: Building a Sustainable Life as an Artist - Greenville, SC"


Artists are talented, hard-working people, so why are so many exhausted, broke, and overwhelmed? We will present tools and approaches for building a balanced, sustainable artist life, reconnecting with our deep values, building community, and slaying the two demons of the artist's life: time and money.

Any professional South Carolina artist may apply to attend the Intensive (you do NOT have to live in Greenville.) The Intensive is free, but class size is limited, so slots are reserved for artists who have not attended a previous Intensive. You must apply online and commit to attend both sessions. You will be notified once you are enrolled.

Friday, January 15, 2016
Time: 7:00 - 8:30 p.m. 
 

AND

Saturday, January 16, 2016
Time: 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.


Location: S.C. Governor's School for the Arts and Humanities, 15 University St., Greenville, SC

What artists have said about the Intensive:

"I have been working full-time as a self-supporting artist for 10 years, yet there was not a single idea or observation that arose today that did not make an impact on me. I have also sat through many strategic planning meetings, charrettes, and professional development seminars, and this by far was the most fruitful, efficient, and enjoyable." Performing artist

"I have been able to decide how to handle health insurance and tax issues that were weighing me down. I have been able to rewrite my artist statement and to begin writing a book prospectus. While all of these had been on my mind for a while, it was the workshop that unleashed my determination. More than this, I just feel happier to be doing what I am doing, confident that I am on a good track, and proud to be part of something bigger." Literary artist

Questions about Artists U events:
Andrew Simonet, Artists U
(215) 767-6881