Masur Museum of Art
53rd Annual Juried Competition
On View March 9 – July 5, 2015
The Masur Museum of Art’s Annual Juried Competition showcases contemporary artists throughout the United States of America working in any medium.
The 53nd Annual Juried Competition is sponsored by CenturyLink.
January 11, 2016: Postmark Submission Deadline 11:59 pm
January 18, 2016: Online Entry Deadline
Go to www.masurmuseum.org for more information about the Masur and to www.masurjuried.org to apply online or download an entry form.
Enter if you would like your work seen by:
Holly Hughes, Juror
Godin-Spaulding Curator for the Collection
Albright-Knox Art Gallery
AwardsBest in Show is $1,000.00 and total awards are $3,300.00.
Awards will be given by Hughes at the reception on March 12, 2016. Artists do not have to be present to receive awards. Checks will be mailed after the reception.
People’s Choice: The People’s Choice Award is $200.00 and will be voted on by visitors throughout the run of the exhibition.
Best Packed: This award will honor the artist who packs their art in the most professional manner. The award is $100.00. No packing peanuts, feedbags, loose papers as packing materials, no cigarette butts, etc. These types of things will disqualify you! Show your work and our staff the respect they deserve. This prize will be decided by the Masur Museum staff.
The awards structure outside of what is listed will be determined by the Juror.
- All submitting artists must be over 18 years old and reside in the United States.
- To be considered for entry all work must be completed after December 31, 2013.
- PLEASE DO NOT USE ALL CAPS IN OUR ONLINE ENTRY FORM.
- No previously entered material will be considered.
- There is a $10.00 fee per entered artwork with a minimum of two entries and a maximum of five entries (i.e. $20.00 for two artworks and $50.00 for five artworks). Fees are non-refundable. Checks and money orders should be made payable to the Twin City Art Foundation. Submit only 1 composition image and up to 2 detail images per work. Composition and detail images must be clearly labeled with title of work.
Method of EntryOnline entries are due by 11:59 p.m. Thursday, January 18, 2016. Online entries must pay with PayPal (www.masurjuried.org).
Mailed entries must be postmarked by January 11, 2015 and include a full copy of our completed and signed call for entry, supporting CD/DVD or USB compatible memory drive, and payment.
ENTRANTS MAY PAY WITH A CHECK IF THEIR SUBMISSION IS MAILED. Please make checks payable to Twin City Art Foundation and mail to:
53rd Annual Juried Competition
c/o Masur Museum of Art
1400 South Grand Street
Monroe, LA 71202
Entry Fee-There is a $10.00 fee per entered artwork with a minimum of two entries and a maximum of five entries (i.e. $20.00 for two artworks and $50.00 for five artworks). Fees are non-refundable. Checks and money orders should be made payable to the Twin City Art Foundation.
Image RecommendationsFor juror ease, your submissions should be in the following formats:
- Video Entries: Videos may be submitted in either .mov or .wmv formats no larger than 60 MB on a per file basis. Video work is not to exceed 5 minutes.
- All Other Entries: .jpeg file format only, 1200 pixels on the longest edge. Files should be no larger than 5 MB on a per file basis.
- Monday, January 11, 2016: Postmarked submission deadline
- 11:59 pm, Monday, January 18, 2016: Online submission deadline
- 11:59 pm, Thursday, February 4, 2016: Artist notification
- February 18-25, 2016: Parcel delivery of accepted artwork
- February 20 – February 25, 2016: Hand delivery of accepted artwork (closed on 2/21/16)
- Saturday, March 12, 2016: Reception, 6 – 8 p.m., Juror Talk, 6:30 p.m.
- March 9 – July 5, 2016: Exhibition on view
- July 6-14, 2016: Hand pick up period
- July 11 – 14, 2016: Parcel pick up/Delivery drop-off period