Future Tenant Gallery
819 Penn Ave | Pittsburgh, PA 15222
- Submission deadline: April 1 (see Submission)
- Notification date: May 15
- Delivery of accepted works: Sept. 18-19 (see Shipping)
- Installation: Sept. 20-24
- Exhibit opens: Friday, Sept. 25, 5:30-9:30 pm
- Reception during SECAC Conference: Friday, Oct. 23rd, 4:00-8:00 pm
- Works picked up: Saturday, Oct. 24, noon-5:00 pm; or Sunday, Oct. 25, 10:00-noon (see Shipping)
- Prepare entries within a single PDF (see Documentation).
- Pay $35 entry fee to SECAC for up to three entries (see Submission of Payment and Entry).
- Submit entries prior to 11:59 pm EDT on April 1. Late entries will not be reviewed.
The competition is open to all but membership in SECAC is required within 10 days of acceptance to the exhibition. For membership information, visit the Membership page on the SECAC website: secollegeart.org.
All media are eligible. Artists, however, are responsible for providing any installation instructions and special equipment, including any electronic equipment the work might require. Work must be exhibition ready. The exhibit will be open to all work except large installations and time-based work requiring a live performance.
The original walls of the Future Tenant space were concrete. The walls in the space are constructed with ¼” drywall secured to furring strips. Therefore, there is a five pound weight limit for wall-hung works.
A nonrefundable fee of $35 for up to three entries must be paid to SECAC by credit or debit card (see Submission of Payment and Entry).
DEADLINE FOR ENTRY
Submission of entries must be completed no later than 11:59 pm EDT on April 1. Late entries will not be reviewed. Entrants will be informed of the juror’s decision by May 15.
The juror for the exhibition is, Jessica Beck, Assistant Curator at The Andy Warhol Museum.
BEST IN SHOW AWARD
The juror will select one artist to receive a “Best-in-Show” award and may, at her discretion, bestow additional honorable mention awards.
A 20% commission is charged on sales. Sale price should include commission. Work not for sale should be noted as such.
Prepare one PDF file that contains up to 3 images of your entries, at 150 dpi, high-quality (maximum, no larger than 10 MB) setting.
Begin the file with a title page that includes your name, phone number, e-mail address, mailing address and shipping address. Please include the following information with each image: artist name, title of work, media, dimensions, and indicate if work is for sale (with price including 20 percent commission) or not for sale (with insurance value). Video files should be included in the PDF as clickable Web link. Multiple videos are acceptable. Up to 10 minutes of total video footage will be reviewed.
Title your PDF exactly as such: “Lastname_Firstname_SECAC_Exhibit.pdf” (e.g., Doe_Jane_SECAC_Exhibit.pdf). When your PDF is ready, proceed to the payment and entry submission process.
SUBMISSION OF PAYMENT AND ENTRY
1. Prepare your entries within a PDF (see Documentation) and have your credit or debit card in hand.
2. Go to the link below and follow the prompt to pay the $35 entry fee.
Follow the confirmation screen and directions.
3. Prepare an e-mail to email@example.com with your PDF entry (no larger than 10MB) attached. The subject line should read, “SECAC Exhibition submission by [your full name].”
4. Send the e-mail. Your submission is complete. Submissions without payment on record will not be reviewed.
Please note, although every effort will be made to ensure the safety of the artwork, SECAC and Future Tenant Art Space assume no responsibility for theft, damage or deterioration incurred before, during, or after the exhibition or for possible loss in transit. Artists are encouraged to make sure their work is covered by their own insurance during the run of the exhibition. The submission of the entry PDF and payment of the entry fee will constitute an agreement to all conditions of the prospectus, including permission to use a reproduction of the works for publicity or catalog production. No entry materials will be returned. All accepted work must remain in the custody of Future Tenant Art Space for the duration of the exhibition.
Work may be hand delivered to Future Tenant Art Space or shipped by UPS or common carrier to the shipping address listed below. Bus deliveries will not be accepted. Artists selected for the show are required to have work at the gallery between Sept.18-19. Work can be picked up on Saturday, Oct. 24 (noon-5:00 pm) or Sunday, Oct. 25 (10:00 am-noon). Shipped work must be packed in a reusable container with an identification label securely attached. Please include a return-shipping label. Artists are responsible for all shipping costs.
ATTN: Eric Schruers
SECAC Juried Exhibition Coordinator
Future Tenant Art Space
819 Penn Ave.
Pittsburgh, PA 15222