Artists of any discipline are eligible to apply. You will need to describe your art practice and make a case for the work you intend to do during a Ponyride residency.
Call for Applications:
- Monday, June 1, 2015 @ 12:00 AM - Monday, June 29, 2015 @ 11:59 PM
- Awards will be announced the week of August 3, 2015
How Artists are Chosen:
The Applebaum Family Foundation & Ponyride will select a panel of 6 artists and arts administrators that represent their organizations and the Detroit arts community. These panelists will be announced with the selected artists.
- 3 Applebaum Emerging Artists= $2,500 stipend for four to six weeks
- 1 Established= $4,000 stipend for four days to one month
- 2 Emerging= $1,000 stipend for two to six weeks
Unfunded residencies will also be offered to several candidates
- A budget for materials will be available.
- However, Ponyride will assist artists to use recycled or donated materials whenever possible.
A stay in the residency space for four days to six weeks depending on preference and the type of residency that is awarded. Propose, administer, and participate in public programming to engage the Detroit community based on your arts practice - to be described in your application.
Access to the amenities of Ponyride, such as the woodshop:
This will be discussed on a case-by-case basis after a residency has been offered and according to the artist’s skills and training.
There is no application fee for applying.
1401 Vermont St
Detroit, MI 48216