2015 Selected Artist: Joey Manson*, The Depot, welded and forged steel, paint
The work should highlight diversity in a positive and unifying manner. The RFQ, application and history of the trail can be found online at http://www.mauldinculturalcenter.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/MauldinPublicArt_RFQ_2017.pdf
The deadline for submissions is February 27, 5 p.m.
Calendar: 2017 Public Art Trail
- Application / RFQ due by 5pm (or postmarked by): Monday, February 27, 2017
- Two (2) Finalists selected: Friday, March 10, 2017
- Finalists submit conceptual models/drawings: Friday, April 7, 2017
- Artist selected for commission, contract issued, final design / fabrication can begin: Friday, April 14, 2017 (selection notice) | Monday, April 17, 2017 (City Council meeting)
- Unveiling / Final Installation: Mid-December 2017
All submissions should be delivered to:
Office of Cultural Affairs – City of Mauldin
PO Box 249
Mauldin, SC 29662
Or via email to email@example.com.
The selection committee will consist of members from the board of the Mauldin Cultural Council and City of Mauldin staff. The selection committee will notify artist(s) of their standing and with any necessary updates primarily by email.
*Joey Manson is a Senior Lecturer in the Art Department at
To see more of his work, please go to: