This is a full-time position at the Pickens County Museum of Art & History.
- Executes the installation of objects and interpretive materials for museum exhibitions.
- Design and construct pedestals, props, environments, casework, interpretive materials and museum graphics; fabricates shipping crates and storage systems, as needed.
- Handle and prepare collection items for exhibition, including matting, framing, removal from storage facility, and transport to display site.
- Manage the scheduling of exhibit production.
- Coordinates with director and curator for timely installation of exhibits.
- Responsible for museum facility operations (excluding security) which includes event set ups or facility maintenance/repair scheduling, clean-up and general maintenance.
- Responsible for Educational Studio equipment and materials maintenance and set up.
- Manage budget expenditures for assigned area and assist with budget planning, as directed.
- Assist other museum staff, as directed.
- Performs all work in accordance with all applicable policies, procedures, regulations and standards of safety and quality; ensures the timely completion of all assignments.
- Valid state driver’s license;
- High School Diploma or GED; Bachelor’s degree in a related field is preferred.
- Requires over one year and up to and including two years of experience.
- Equivalent combination of related education and experience.
- Knowledge of public history standards and practices, as well as, art and artifact handling and installation methods and materials.
- This is a Tuesday through Saturday Position requiring Thursday Evening and Saturday hours.
Salary: $11.97 / hour
How to apply
Applications can be sent to Pickens County Human Resources, 222 McDaniel Avenue, Pickens, SC, 29671
More details on the job can be seen by going to: http://www.co.pickens.sc.us/hr/OnlineJobs/default.aspx and clicking in the position title.
On line application forms available at: http://www.co.pickens.sc.us/_fileUploads/forms/ApplicationforEmployment.pdf
Pickens County Museum of Art & History
307 Johnson Street
Pickens, SC 29671