This is a full-time position at the Pickens County Museum of Art & History; Pickens, SC
- Researches, develops, and implements interdisciplinary public programming and events for the Pickens County Museum of Art & History and Hagood Mill Historic Site & Folklife Center.
- Secure, maintain and prepare collections and exhibits for the Pickens County Museum of Art & History
- Conduct tours of the Museum and Hagood Mill Historic Site & Folklife Center, as necessary.
- Perform related professional and administrative work as required.
- Catalogs and maintains Museum collections and exhibits, including the old “Gaol” in which the museum is housed and also the historic Hagood Mill site.
- Designs and installs permanent exhibits; researches, writes and prints text for displays.
- Assists Director with scheduling, design and installation of changing exhibits.
- Design, coordination and logistical planning any variety of museum programming.
- Confirmation and scheduling of instructors and schedules for art and culturally based classes in the museum school and Hagood Mill’s Field School programs.
- Photographs and documents events and exhibits.
- Greets visitors and provides information
- Works with the front desk to coordinate and schedule group tours.
- Assists in securing and administering grant funds for special programs and projects; assists in securing loans and donations; maintains related records and prepares related reports.
- Participates in marketing and public relations efforts; makes public presentations to inform the public about the museum / mill site projects and programs.
- Provides high level administrative support to the Director.
- Accepts and prepares forms for donations and loans.
- Performs general administrative / clerical work, as necessary, including but not limited to, preparing reports and correspondence, entering and retrieving computer data, copying and filing documents, answering the telephone, processing mail, ordering supplies, etc.
- Other related duties as assigned by the Pickens County Culture Commission Director.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Education and training equivalent to 4 years of college education; and
- Some training in museum studies, exhibit design and archival conservation is desirable.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Word, Access and Excel, as well as, Adobe Acrobat and Photoshop products.
- Public speaking ability
- Must possess a valid SC driver’s license
$33,468.55 + benefits
How to apply (receiving applications through September 27. 2013)
Applications and resumes taken through the Pickens County Human Resource Office, 222 McDaniel Avenue, B14, Pickens, SC 29671.